Wednesday 3 September 2014

CD Cover Task








Above is the finished product of the album cover we were asked to create. We were given three images to use; a music sheet, a trumpet and a cd, we were also allowed to use others if we desired, but unlike others I opted against and just stuck with the three. First I uploaded the images to photo shop, I then clicked on the cd and trumpet pictures to cut around them using the magic wand to get rid of the extra back ground I did not need and then I put the music sheet on the bottom layer and placed the other two on different ones. I then decided that I want to change the look of my images so I started with the background, I play around a bit clicking on things on filter, I went on a few things such as blur and distort, but settled on going into render and selecting "lighting effects" I positioned it how I wanted and was quite happy with how it looked. I later decided that it wasn't just right, so I instead looked down to the side bar and played around with stuff on that I went to levels and moved the middle bar to the right and it made the music notes darker, I decided there was nothing else that needed doing to the background and left it as that. On both the trumpet and cd I double clicked their layers and went on blending options, on the first drop down box I went on nearly all of them to fine the right ones, I eventually stayed on "hue" and moved the opacity and full opacity down slightly till they were slightly brown and see through, I also selected the cd again and went on to filter and filter gallery, I again played around this things on there and settled on going into the sketch folder and went on to "photocopy" and made the darkness higher and I was happy with the result. Finally I moved the images around and left then where they are in the cover now.

No comments:

Post a Comment