Thursday 23 October 2014

Moodboard


After creating my target audience Prezi, I chose to make my moodboard. Though my Prezi told what my genre was, the moodbaord gives you more of an insight of who in the music industry fits into the older side of pop. The artists range from Miley Cyrus all the way to Lady Gaga, though you may think that they are nothing alike, they are more alike than you think as are all the other artists on my moodboard. The reason for this is their target audience, unlike most pop artists none of their target audiences are younger, around the age of 12-14, this is due to the simple fact that their music, though pop is totally different compared to artists for the younger audience such as One Direction and Justin Bieber. People usually think upbeat and happy when you think of the genre pop, but not every pop artist wants the audience who want that. The artists on my moodboard are the perfect example of older pop, I believe this because they are a lot calmer, they're more mature than other artists, in age, their music style and in how long they've been in the music industry longer than most pop artists so they've matured with their fans and music. 
Although some people will argue that some of these artists younger music is not fitting for the older side of pop, such as Gaga and Mars, they have changed to fit society to show they can adapt and change their style of music so they do't fall of or get bored.
I also chose to add some different fonts that I believe fit with this genre, they're easy to read, simple and not too out there,

No comments:

Post a Comment